WHY USE ROOT COVER UP?
Root Coverage is a unique hair concern; it’s a bit underrated yet can dramatically change your appearance and instantly boost your self-esteem. All Gray Away formulas are crafted to deliver high-performance, flawless color payoff that covers your roots, period. From Sprays to Sticks, our multi-tasking products quickly camouflage grays . . . and more, all at once.
If you’re looking to:
- Cover gray roots & silver strands
- Cover grown out root lines, natural color regrowth
- Cover crown of grays/roots around hairline, framing face
- Conceal thinned out-sections and/or hair loss
- Fill in gaps in your part
- Perfect receding & uneven hairlines
- Refresh highlights
WHEN TO USE ROOT COVER UP
Did someone call for a minimum-effort-required root cover up collection? Our family of easy-to-use, transformative root cover products work overtime to conceal your color problems – so you don’t have to.
If you’re looking to:
- Extend time in-between salon appointments
- Find a time-saving alternative to semi-permanent and at-home box dyes
- Touch-up your new growth only vs. coloring your whole head
- Fully conceal your most difficult root situations from home
- Achieve salon-worthy color coverage without the high price tag
- Cover roots on-the-go no matter your itinerary: gym, work, dinner, travel, etc.
- Hide last minute hair emergencies, our products are also TSA-friendly
- Camouflage grays and more with temporary coverage that washes out with shampoo
- Minimize damage caused by color treating your hair
SPRAY VS. STICK WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
3 BIGGEST MISTAKES TO AVOID:
Do not use on wet or damp hair. For best results, apply to dry hair
Avoid holding can too close to your scalp. Always spray 6 inches from desired root area
Upon initial application, opt for buildable coverage. Start with less and add more as needed to get to the ideal color payoff that best matches your hair color
FOR MATCHING THE OVERALL COLOR OF YOUR HAIR:
Examine the hair color you currently have - from the eyeline down to your ends. This is the color that you want to match. For best results, make sure you are standing in natural light.
FOR MATCHING YOUR NATURAL, BASE COLOR:
Examine the roots of your hair and the base of your hairline - specifically where your new regrowth starts to peek through. While there might be grays, you’ll still notice pieces of hair that are your natural color (also known as your base color); this is the color you want to match.
HOW TO: IDENTIFY MY ROOT CONCERN
LOOKING FOR SUPER PRECISE COLOR COVERAGE?
Usage Tip: The Gray Away Root Touch-Up Stick works wonders for any SMALLER areas that need a little more TLC: temples, hairlines, partline and more.
Easily target sparse grays, hard-to-reach regrowth, thinned-out areas and grown out highlights with our easy-to-use "draw-on" concealer. The dual ended stick has a sponge tip to help blend product like a dream.
This is the best option for covering those pesky roots and hard to reach areas - completely and effectively.
IN NEED OF COLOR COVERAGE FOR LARGER AREAS OF YOUR HAIR?
Usage Tip: The Gray Away Instant Root Cover-Up Spray has a targeted applicator designed to deliver "diffused" color coverage. It doesn’t get easier than spray-on color to cover-up grays, blend harsh root lines and camouflage thinning hair. This formula speedily dries down to a natural-looking finish and blends seamlessly with your existing color. This is the best full coverage option for hiding all grays and faking fuller hair – all at the same time. Just a few quick blasts and your color woes will magically be a thing of the past.